THE AIMS OF THE WORLD FEDERATION OF OVERSEAS CYPRIOTS (POMAK)
The purposes for which the World Federation, was founded are the following:
- To coordinate the activities of member Federations to promote the Cyprus issue in the diaspora by lobbying governments and politicians and in any other ways possible, until a settlement is reached, which will reunite Cyprus and its people and will ensure a single sovereignty, single international personality and a single citizenship, without the Turkish army and illegal settlers.
- To serve as the channel through which the Federations – members can present their views and problems to the Government of Cyprus and the authorities in an attempt to facilitate their resolution.
- To coordinate the social, humanitarian, educational, cultural, patriotic or other similar activities of Federations members.
- To subsidise , within its capabilities, where necessary or desired, activities of the Federations Members.
- To provide advice and assistance to member Federations to promote their objectives.
- To coordinate the efforts of Overseas Cypriots to provide moral, economic and any help to Cyprus.
- To cultivate friendly relations between Cyprus and the countries where Overseas Cypriots live, establishing and strengthening cultural, economic, trade and other links